Ir al contenido principal

Why did I choose my major?


As a child I have always an affinity for artistic activities but I never dreamed of dedicating myself to what I do today. 

I think that life took me down and I have only followed...

And here I am today finishing a long process that will give way to new horizons, I'm still not sure what the future holds for me, but I'm glad to be where I am.

Answering the question, I think it is the University major that most caught my attention but I never had the real intention of dedicating myself to it. I believe that this major will give me the bases for everything that i want to do in the future.

I am very grateful to the universe for put me here.


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

 Who am I? Hi everyone, my name is Juan Pablo but most of my friends call me JP. I was born in Antofagasta and I currently live in Santiago. I moved to Santiago to study piano. I really enjoy playing in public and I feel very comfortable on stage. I don't usually listen to a lot of music because most of the time I'm studying or playing. I'm in a career that focuses on classical music. My idea for the future is to dedicate myself to jazz music. At the beginning, I was not clear about anything. I just wanted to play the piano well, but now I am determined to go abroad to study improvisation. In my family I am the first to decide to study an art degree, in this case to music, without the support of my family all this would be impossible.
 4                          -Post 5- Changes to my study programme Some changes that I will eventually make for the future of my carrer will be to specialize in new styles of music. My career is focused mainly on the romanrtic classical style, I mean, I am trained and prepared to perform as a classical pianist. This enables me to work in theaters, as a concert musician, ballet, orchestras, chamber music or as a soloist, among other jobs. Now I am focused on being able to finish this degree and then do my mastes's degree specifically in jazz music. Maybe it sounds like I am going to study more music and that is the same things, but they are very different worlds between the jazz musician and the classical musician.  A good thing is that I will not have to learn the piano technique itself, I will have to learn a new language from zero, with similar forms of writing, but with another meaning. I think the most import...
English 4 - Post 1 - A country I would like to visit There are many countries that I want to visit, but one that undoubtedly comes to mind is Japan  A country that I have always wanted to visit,  Japan, I have always been intrigued by this culture. from childhood I have enjoyed japanese animation and jpop (japanese pop music).  I liked the idea of being a samurai or a ninja. I would like to know its landscapes and traditional buildings.  I am also interested in doing jazz concert in a bar or some theater. I have heard that the japanese really enjoy jazz. one of the reasons why I became interested in music was thanks to Japanese music. I love its harmonies and musical breaks, they are a mix between western tradition music and jazz harmony. I think I would not like to live in Japan for a long time but a six month concert season would not be bad. What I like least is gastronomy, it is a country that consumes a lot of meat. :(